Most Commonly Asked Questions
What is my student ID #?
Please note that you must either show a photo ID or share your GTCC ID number for your account to be found. If you do not have your ID number, you may search for it here: https://applicationstatus.gtcc.edu. Your ID number is a 7-digit number that begins with either 0 or 1. It is not your social security number.
What is my username?
- Your username is the first part of your email address, so if you use firstname.lastname@example.org, your username will be jssmith.
- Why do I have a capital X at the end of my username?
Your username is case sensitive and is unusual because usernames shorter than four characters will have capital Xs as placeholders in the system until they are at least six characters long.
What is my password?
Moodle & WebAdvisor use the same username and password.
- Passwords must have:
- at least eight characters, but no more than 16.
- at least one capital letter
- at least one lower case letter
- at least one number
- Passwords cannot:
- contain any part of your name or username.
- use sequential numbers (i.e. 123)
- contain very common names or words (i.e. mom)
- contain months of the year
- repeat any of your previous 12 passwords
- If you still have issues please call our 24/7 Help Line: 1.866.826.3748
How do I request equipment from ITS?
Submit a service request at servicedesk.gtcc.edu and tell us the type of device you are looking to check out from us, and we will notify you of the availability of such devices.
How can I update my name, address, and/or phone number?
- Please complete this form: Click here to download PDF
- Then, take it to the GTCC Registrar’s Office with two forms of identification (one of which has to be a state or federally issued picture ID) to start the process. They are located in Room 229, Medlin Campus Center, Jamestown Campus and are open from 8am-7pm, Mon-Thurs and 8am-5pm, Fri. After they guide you, the last steps will be to get your name changed in WebAdvisor by the MIS Department and in Moodle by the eLearning Department.
- Note: Please continue to use WebAdvisor and Moodle as normal, until the change has been made. Be sure to inform your instructors that your name will be changing. Please note that your username will not change, even if the name associated with it does.
Address and/or Telephone Change:
- Complete this form: Click here to download PDF
- Then, take it to the GTCC Registrar’s Office with two forms of identification (one of which has to be a state or federally issued picture ID) to start the process. They are located in Room 229, Medlin Campus Center, Jamestown Campus and are open from 8am-7pm, Mon-Thurs and 8am-5pm, Fri.
How do I connect to WiFi on campus?
The campus Wi-Fi network is called TitanNet. There is no password for this network access, so you just leave that blank on your laptop.
What if I’ve never set up my password?
If you’re a new student and have not activated your account yet, please do so at https://myaccount.gtcc.edu
If you have never reset your GTCC password before, it is your 6-digit birthdate. This is the 2-digit month, followed by the 2-digit day, and ending with the last two digits of the year, not the full year. For example, if your birthdate was January, 1, 1973, your default password would be 010173.
What kinds of equipment are available for check-out from ITS?
These are the types of devices that are available from ITS:
- Projector Screens
What is the difference between Service Requests and Incident Requests?
Service Requests are for issues where something needs to be changed, installed, moved, etc, but is still working. Incident Requests are for issues where something is not working the way it’s supposed to, or a system is down, etc
When I try to log into Learnerweb, I get a message stating that my account is not registered
This happens when your account is set up for logging into GTCC computers, WebAdvisor, and Email, but has not yet been set up for access to Learnerweb. To resolve this issue, contact Roxanne King at x50128.
Why does my computer say my account is locked out?
GTCC accounts lock out for various reasons, but the most common one is too many failed login attempts. GTCC Faculty and Staff get 3 attempts to log in before the account is locked, and Students get 10 attempts. (The account that gets locked out is the one associated with the username entered during login. If someone else mistakenly enters your username and tries to log in too many times, your account gets locked out in order to protect your information. This usually happens when someone forgets to type in the number at the end of their username or types in the wrong number.)The Password Self Service site provides the ability to unlock your account yourself if you have set up your security questions. If this does not resolve your issue, you can call the Service Desk at x52909 or 866-826-3748.
Why can’t I log into Webadvisor? I was a student here previously, but now it says my account is disabled.
GTCC logins are only maintained for 2 years beyond the end of your last registered class. If you are returning to GTCC, you will need to contact the Admissions department and re-apply to the college. If you are only seeking a transcript, you can contact the Records department by calling 336-334-4822, then dial the number 1, and say ‘Records’.
Why can’t I log into datatel/colleague?
There are several possible reasons for why you aren’t able to log into datatel/colleague:
The first and most common is your password may have expired since the last time you logged in. If this is the case, please submit a service desk request to have your datatel/colleague password reset and a technician will contact you.
The next most common reason is that your account may have expired. This is not the same as your password expiring. If your account has expired, your supervisor will need to submit a service desk request to have your account reinstated before you will be able to log in.
Why is this particular datatel/colleague screen not working correctly?
These are issues that need to be handled by an ITS Administrator. Please enter a ticket at servicedesk.gtcc.edu.
I can’t log into WebAdvisor.
Please make sure that you are not adding ‘@gtcc.edu’ to the end of your username, and that you are typing your username in all lower-case letters. (Numbers should still be numbers)
For Faculty/Staff: Please log into myaccount.gtcc.edu. If this site gives you an error stating that your password has expired, please call the helpdesk at x52909 for further assistance.
I can’t sign up for classes in Learnerweb.?
Make sure that you are using Internet Explorer to open the Learnerweb site. There are known issues where other browsers will not display the site correctly, preventing you from registering for events.
I can log into everything but Moodle. I can log into Webadvisor, my email, etc. but not Moodle.?
If the only GTCC site you’re having issues logging into is Moodle, then you need to contact eLearning at x50060.
I don’t see my classes in Moodle.
Moodle content is managed by eLearning. If you cannot see all the classes you should be seeing, please contact eLearning at x50060.
I don’t know my college ID number
- If you are a student, you can go to applicationstatus.gtcc.edu and log in there to find out what your ID number is.
- If you are an employee of GTCC, your ID number is listed on your pay stub, and any leave forms you have submitted. You can also contact Human Resources by calling 336-334-4822, dial the number 1, and say ‘Human Resources’ for assistance with finding your ID number.
I’m getting an error message about Java; what do I do?
- Some websites, tools and/or plugins require Java (and its plugins) to work.
- To check your version or download updated version of Java, visit: java.com/download
- Note: Java doesn’t work on Google Chrome and doesn’t work on some mobile devices. If you need to access something that uses Java, please access from a desktop or laptop computer using Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, or Apple Safari.
My (Son/Daughter/Spouse/Parent) needs their password reset can you give me their login information?
To ensure the security of users’ accounts we must speak with the owner of the account and verify their identity with their college ID number.
My son/daughter has signed a disclosure agreement allowing me to see their grades and other academic information, can you give me their username and password so I can log in to see their information?
Another person’s account information is not something that can be delegated as we have no way of verifying who the caller is if it is not the owner of the account.)
How do I sign up for e2Campus?
Instructions for signing up for e2Campus can be found Click here.